Red Sky at API: June 2018
Join us in the kitchen for a three-day hands-on cooking adventure with
with chef James Lindquist, owner of the highly rated and popular restaurant Red Sky.
The retreat includes:
- Three nights lodging at Ann's Point Inn
- Two afternoons preparing dinner with James
- Two four-course dinners at Ann's Point Inn
- One exquisite dinner at Red Sky
- Three breakfasts at Ann's Point Inn
- Field trip to a supplier, such as a fish pier or produce farm
- Recipes for the two dinners
This is the menu from a past retreat.
No two retreats have the same menu as we use
seasonal ingredients from local suppliers.
- Cocktail with Maine made Rusticator rum
- Clams and Mussels steamed with white wine, Dijon and fresh fennel on freshly-made pasta
- Lollipop Lamb Chops dusted with bitter chocolate and served with a cider and mint gastrique
- Mushroom Risotto with a whole shucked lobster and asparagus
- Belgian bittersweet cupcake served with vanilla ice cream and an almond lace cookie
The total cost for the three days is $1800 for two people including all gratuities (double occupancy, taxes extra).
The retreat is limited to eight people.
Please call or email the Inn if you'd like more information or to reserve a place.
- Rhubarb Ginger Collins
- Two types of Gyoza dumpings:
• Oyster mushroom with Napa cabbage and scallions.
Served with a tamari and fresh horseradish dipping sauce
- Grilled Scallops with Lime Ginger Glaze
- Fresh Halibut with a triple citrus Beurre Blanc and fingerling potatoes
- Vanilla Buttercake with rhubarb sauce and Crème Anglaise
- Smoked Blue Cheese and Pear
Read comments from past participants
About Red Sky
Red Sky was opened by James and Elizabeth Lindquist in June of 2003
and has been near the top of everyone's best MDI restaurant list ever since.
It has been featured in the New York Times, Travel and Leisure,
Conde Naste Traveler, Downeast Magazine, and Eat Maine.
Red Sky was a Yankee Magazine Editor's Choice in 2007.